More about the Davis® Correction Programme
The programme is designed to fit the individual needs of a particular client, on a one-to-one basis over 6 days within three weeks.
Generally it will include all or most of the following:
- An initial assessment to check suitablility and tailor the programme to you personally, and your goals
- Training in self-help techniques for controlling perception and switching off disorientation
- Self-awareness tools for reducing stress, and controlling energy levels
- Mastery of confusing letters, symbols and numbers
- Mastery of reference skills
- Balance and coordination improvement
- Reading improvement
- Spelling, writing, punctuation and handwriting improvement
- Maths improvement if a maths programme
- Time management skills
- Listening, speaking and hearing skills
- Training in how to use creativity as a learning tool to overcome individual academic weaknesses
- Support training for a family member or other helper
- A review day to check progress, about 2 months later
The cost of the programme is based on a fee of £45 per hour plus materials.
FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND: If you are not sure whether the programme will work for you, come to the assessment and find out. If, following the assessment, you are accepted for the programme, it is because at Dyslexia Surrey we believe that you will receive full benefit from it. In the unlikely event that the programme doesn't deliver as expected, this will become obvious on the first day, and the programme will be stopped and your payment (minus the assessment fee) returned.